About us and the role
Sarah has been operating as a proudly South Australian owned and operated building contractor since 1961. We offer a broad range of delivery solutions and cover a wide range of building forms and project types including stand-alone new construction, extensions to existing buildings, building refurbishment, fit-outs, projects on occupied sites and staged facility upgrades.
As a Site Supervisor, you will have a great opportunity to work on a diverse range of projects across fit-out and refurbishment as well as new build construction. This role requires flawless managerial skills to oversee daily operations, promote a safety orientated workforce and maintenance of building sites and amenities.
In return for your expertise, we will provide you with the structured support of a site operations team dedicated to your development in order to equip you with the required skills to build bigger and more challenging projects. Key responsibilities of the job include:
- On site management of personnel, program, sub-contractor, logistics and safety
- Manage Sarah resources to complete elements of work outside of sub-contracted scopes of work
- Liaise with the client in regard to all site based operations
- Actively manage and promote safety and environmental requirements of the business
- Provide the technical knowledge and support to ensure the project is completed to a satisfactory standard
- Effectively communicate with all parties involved to ensure efficient and accurate transfer of information
We believe that our people are a reflection of our service! We offer you not just a job, but an opportunity to partner with other professionals for a lucrative and rewarding career. Not only will you enjoy a great working environment within a purpose-built modern office located just minutes from the CBD, you will also enjoy 3 days of work life balance leave (in excess to 4 weeks of annual leave), salary continuance insurance, training & development opportunities and we remunerate based on your experience!
With exceptional communication, interpersonal and stakeholder management skills you have a fantastic ability to build effective working relationships and influence others. You will have previous supervisory experience within the commercial construction industry and have a strong customer service focus. You will be a motivated team player with the following key attributes:
- Minimum 5 years as a Construction Site Supervisor
- Experience of managing building and constructions works
- Ability to understand and follow a program
- A positive and driven personality with a desire to exceed expectation
- Ability to be a role model and an ambassador for Sarah’s Safety standards
- Great time management skills whilst maintaining high attention to detail
- Ability to communicate at all levels
All applications are managed through our employment website; just follow the ‘Apply for this job’ link below to submit or access more information.
For a confidential discussion feel free to reach out to Stefan Popovic, Senior Advisor - Employee Relations on 0433 434 821.
Applications will remain open until the position is closed.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer