About us and the role
Sarah Group is South Australia’s leading building and construction organisation for over 55 years. It is the parent entity to Sarah Constructions, the Longridge Group and Hindmarsh Plumbing employing over 300 people.
Our people are at the heart of our brand and our challenge is to ensure we are as professional, driven and ambitious on the inside as we are on the outside. We don’t see problems, we see solutions and we believe that collaboration drives success. If our values align with yours and you too share a passion for people and solutions, we want you in our team.
Reporting to the Accounting Manager and supporting the Commercial Managers, the key responsibilities of the role will include;
- Manage end-to-end accounting for an Executive Services Entity
- Manage end-to-end Fringe Benefit Tax requirements for the Group
- Monthly project accounting, for all major projects
- Administration of balance sheet reconciliations
- Assist in the preparation of quarterly and annual financial statements for the Group
- Cashflow forecasting
- Monthly management reporting
- Budgeting and ad-hoc financial analysis
- Develop, review and implement new initiatives that align to the vision of the Group
You get what you work for
Are there benefits to working here? You bet, joining Sarah Group has its rewards. You will have the opportunity to become part of a high-performing team culture that thrives on continuous improvement and service delivery.
Not only will you enjoy a great working environment within a purpose-built modern office located just five minutes from the CBD, you will also enjoy:
- Salary continuance insurance
- Access for you and your family to our Employee Assistance Program
- 3 days of work/life balance leave in addition to 4 weeks of annual leave
- Paid parental leave
- Training and development opportunities
- Free on-site car parking and access to gym and shower facilities
- Great social events
The successful applicant will have a strong customer service background, will be driven, self-starter, flexible and passionate.
You will possess the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- Strong understanding of accounting concepts and their applications
- A relevant qualification such as a Bachelor of Accounting and be working towards or qualified in CPA or CA
- Exceptional communication skills
- A strong understanding of MS Office
- Ability to achieve results with minimal supervision
- Attention to detail and a high level of accuracy
If you have recently graduated or have a few years of experience in the relevant field than we would like to hear from you.
Whilst we value qualifications and technical skills, previously demonstrated professional behaviours and soft skills are even more important. Please apply if you are a team player with a strong work ethic.
Are you up for it?
All applications are managed through our employment website; just follow the ‘Apply for this job’ link below to submit or access more information.
For a confidential discussion, please contact Matthew McLaughlin, Learning & Development Advisor on 0412 748 659 Applications will remain open until 26 September 2017 or the position is filled.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer